#1 B_Hanlon

B_Hanlon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 623 posts
  • LocationPomfret Center, CT

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:47 PM

Looks like some positions opening up at various regions:

New Directors for both Southwest and East and Assistant Director for Central Region.

#2 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,082 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:00 PM

They don't pay enough, especially for Assistants !!!

Now, if you were retired and already lived close to the facility it might be worth it.

#3 Mike_Hirschman

Mike_Hirschman

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,325 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:21 PM

Salaries have gotten better in some aspects, Lou. It isn't as bad as it once was. 

The East has been in the works for a bit... there has been a lot of speculation as to when it would happen. I would hope that Corey is given the opportunity if he wants it. He has more than paid his dues. 

The Southwest was a little more of a surprise when I heard that one last week. 

The assistant directors seem to go through the most turnover. As someone who worked in sports for a number of years (in a profession that didn't pay a lot), it does take a special mindset to carry you through. Working 20-plus years in college athletics, many weeks in excess of 50-60 hours, I was in my mid-30s before my salary number exceeded my age. You don't do it for the money... and there are a number of young people who realize early on that it isn't always worth the sacrifice. 

#4 B_Hanlon

B_Hanlon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 623 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:30 PM

I would agree with Lou, I always thought the pay did not match the requirements.
That being said I know when ER last hired an AD they had loads of applicants so supply and demand.
That's interesting info from Mike, my daughters boyfriend graduated with a degree in sports management last year and is now working towards his MBA.
At our local high school the AD puts in crazy hours so Mike's observations are right on target.

#5 B_Hanlon

B_Hanlon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 623 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:46 PM

Looks like we can add a Western Regional Director to the list, that will make three new US Regional Directors this year.

http://www.littlelea.../employment.htm

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users