#1 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,863 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:00 PM

Thank you to the Tampa Bay Rays !!!

Just talked to my old DA, he's delivering Tee-Ball Shirts this week (just in time for Opening Day this coming Saturday).

All of the leagues in my old District in Florida were given Free Shirts for all of their Tee-Ball Teams.

The Rays donated about 10,000 shirts to Tee-Ball Teams from LL, CR, Dixie and PONY.

They also held a free Tee-Ball Coach Clinic last Saturday.

They also have a "Day at the Rays" for our District (and other Districts) where any player and his/her family get significantly reduced price tickets for a Saturday afternoon game (usually in late May/early June).

The last year I was there (I think it was 2012) there were several thousand people from our District in attendance.

Again, a big Thank You to the Rays.

• amutz, 2DirtyKids and rsnyder6 like this

#2 Guest_Supreme_*

Guest_Supreme_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:34 PM

Nats gave Jerseys and Hats to every LL team in DC. One catch...every team in your league MUST be the Nationals.

#3 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,863 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:39 PM

All of the Tee-Ball Shirts are "Rays".

Each team is a different color/design.

Hey, they're Free, as the saying goes "If it's free it's for me!"

It's a good way for a local league to save some money, which is never a bad thing.

#4 RB56

RB56

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:11 AM

This will be the second straight season that one of our local Major League Baseball teams has donated jerseys and hats for all our players (well over 1,000 players).  League has increased entry fees slightly from prior years, when jerseys and hats had to be purchased, so the league has been able to build a fairly large war chest.  Heard the league is looking into opening an indoor training facility for year round use.

Last season, the league did not put the Little League Official Shoulder Patch on these free uniforms.  Central Region was contacted regarding this, so interested to see if patches will be on jerseys this season.

There are critics of this arrangement, primarily around the quality of the jerseys and hats, as well as the lack of distinction between Majors Division and Minors Division uniforms.  Do not believe there is any issue, but there have been comments regarding this arrangement and the Commercialization Regulation section of the Rule Book.

Page 49 states, "A local Little League or District shall not require any player to use any specific brand/manufacturer of equipment, for the purpose of the league receiving compensation (including deferred compensation) for such a requirement."  The league has benefited from the donated jerseys, while keeping entry fees unchanged.  Certainly not passing the savings onto the families, but do not believe this conflicts with the Commercial Regulation.

#5 Jeremy

Jeremy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Administrators
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:24 AM

We have a program called the Jr Giants (SF).....
It's a free program that starts in July, each kid gets a free shirt, glove if needed and they give us pitching machines for all five divisions.....
They make the kids do things like read books to earn rewards like a field day at AT&T Park where the kids get pretty much unrestricted run of the field, visiting lockeroom and other areas you don't get to see when you go to a game....
They also give them free tickets to games.....
Not a Giants fan, but I have lots of respect for the organization.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users