From what we were told ER is the only region holding DA clinics this winter as most regions feel the upcoming Regional Round Tables duplicate efforts.
Aside from the topics already posted earlier this week (age grandfather clause, new bats, new softball rule, umpire development) here are a few odds and ends:
- The topic of Tournament Pool Play is gathering steam on the Hill. The softball situation in Portland was an embarrassment to Little League when ESPN made it a headline. While the expectations are that Little League adults would rise above manipulating pool play the facts show otherwise.
- Operations Manuals are now a thing of the past. Little League will combine and condense Op's into the Rule Book beginning this year.
- Big promotion about "Little League University" it will be a work in progress for some time but they rolled it out for DA's and ADA's Monday. General Public may be able to access, not sure. http://www.littleleagueu.org/
- All Districts are moving to Electronic Mapping. Maps have already been forwarded from Regions to get the process moving full speed ahead. They did not mention who is doing the service, though I was led to believe it is our friends from Seattle http://findmyleague.com
- Shifted Regional reporting to Dan Velte.