11 replies to this topic

#1 B_Hanlon

B_Hanlon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 623 posts
  • LocationPomfret Center, CT

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

My guess is it will take several months to get this forum off the ground. I am wide open for ideas and suggestions!

• I picked 3 Categories "Welcome" "Hot Stove" and "Umpires Corner" to keep it as simple as possible.    
  • I called it League Resource Center, similar to Kevin Hunters LLUMPIRE.COM site that uses the header Umpire Resource Center.
  • I am learning how to operate this platform which is known as IPB or IPBoards or Invision Power. IPVB is a very powerful platform and most of their on-line help is very complex to me. Be that as it may I seem to be able to find enough Youtube videos and support forums to inch me through this.
  • This is the same platform Umpire-Empire.Com forum uses and they have been extremely helpful as I keep bugging with questions. :)
  • A good friend of mine (and local LL Board member) owns a web development company and he loaded up the forum and is hosting it on his server.
  • I'll add moderators to help keep the forum focused and clean in the upcoming weeks once I learn the role each member plays.
  • I have a lot to learn about setting permissions, allowing downloads etc....

Please help with input, ideas and patience as we get this forum launched, it will take a lot of effort!

Brian

#2 clawdad

clawdad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationWestern New York

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

I just registered for the site.  I was disappointed that the LL forum on FB was shut down.  I didn't post there a whole lot, but i read it almost daily.  I hope that this forum gains steam and fills the void that was created.

Craig

#3 Guest_John Zaneski_*

Guest_John Zaneski_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Brian, thanks for starting this forum. Hopefully, this will be as popular as the LL discussion pages

#4 B_Hanlon

B_Hanlon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 623 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

Biggest Challenge will be to get the traffic moving, I'll probably give it a week or two and then give additional thoughts to building traffic and getting some search engines in place.  

#5 gdavis

gdavis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

I will be sending out emails to my district umpires to let them know about the site.

#6 Jim

Jim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

I am estatic you've jumped in and done this site.  Our league is 2 years old.  What I learned from people on the old LL FB Discussions page was so helpful.

I was upset when I looked for it today and learned it was no longer in place.

THANK YOU!

• Jeremy likes this

#7 Jeremy

Jeremy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Administrators
  • 1,334 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:02 AM

I'm going to spam this site on the forum page.....I'll just bump old threads at that site and they'll get facebook notifications.
But we need to get a few more good threads here so that when people come they'll stay....I'll start the spamming soon.

#8 B_Hanlon

B_Hanlon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 623 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:37 AM

Agree on needing more good threads, I am hoping those will come as we turn the new year. Even the FB forum was slowing down the past several weeks and most of the regulars are making their way over.

#9 gdavis

gdavis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

I am sure they will come, as we all know this time of year is slow.  Once all the rule changes come out it will pick up.

#10 cencal

cencal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCentral Valley, Northern California

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

Thank you very much for the creation of this site. I often visited the LL facebook forum and then migrated over here once LL announced the end of their discussion forum. Keep up the awesome work. How about adding a "coaching" category.

#11 Lilleaguelady

Lilleaguelady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCentral California

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:29 PM

Thank you, also for this site. I have always felt that there was a need for taking care of questions as soon as they came up.
Since each league has the ability to run their league as they wish, as long as it is ran within LL rules, having a forum to discuss and learn is so valuable.
The FB forum was so good at that, and for whatever reason it was taken down, thank you for giving us another forum.
I am a 37 year volunteer, having been a Player Agent for most of those years, but also as President, VP, Secretary, Scheduling UIC, Sr. League Admin., and then ADA for my District.
I hope that I can add, and promise not to inflame,
  • B_Hanlon and Jeremy like this

#12 B_Hanlon

B_Hanlon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 623 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:43 PM

Thanks Lilleaguelady for the kudos and your service to LL. 

This is our slow time of the year and hopefully word continues to get around about this forum.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users