35 replies to this topic

#1 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,083 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

From the new LL Tournament Resources Webpage you can navigate around and find the new BB Affidavit:
http://www.littlelea...it-baseball.pdf

Also, there is a slightly updated set of Tournament FAQs:
http://www.littlelea...rnament/faq.htm

#2 Mike_Hirschman

Mike_Hirschman

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,325 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:32 PM

Did you notice any changes in the affidavit, Lou? I saw it was posted yesterday. 

#3 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:17 PM

I haven't checked the new Affidavit against last year's.
I would imagine the "new" stuff is in the sections on Boundary Maps and Verifications.
The rest of the Affidavit looks about the same as previous years.

I haven't looked at the FAQs either, I just saw them there.
As for #42 and #45 and any others that you think the answers are incorrect, call Williamsport.
Now is the time to get them corrected!
Once the Tournament starts it will be too late.

#4 Mike_Hirschman

Mike_Hirschman

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:29 PM

I deleted that because I remember the change last year... I don't understand or agree with it, but I remember the change. 

#48 needs a little more detail because it can apply to intermediate, also. 

#5 Jamief

Jamief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:34 AM

#58 is wrong cannot advance on u3k in 9/10 softball.

didn't see too many changes from last year.

#6 Jamief

Jamief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:28 AM

Quick question:

This is the first year we are using school forms. For any player that uses a school form what address should we use on the affidavit? Home or school?

#7 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:52 PM

Look at the Affidavit, it says the parent/guardian address OR the address of the School.
So, if Residence is based on school attendance you put down the School Address.

#8 Mike_Hirschman

Mike_Hirschman

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:10 PM

Yes, Lou is VERY correct... we verified this yesterday with The Hill because Find My League wasn't grabbing the school address for the affidavit. Brian fixed that yesterday.

#9 Jamief

Jamief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:51 PM

Thank you !!

I thought that was the case. The director filing out the affidavit wasn't pleased. But it's an easy fix.

#10 Mike_Hirschman

Mike_Hirschman

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:57 PM

It was not a well-communicated change... 

#11 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:23 PM

Seems pretty obvious if the person filling out the Affidavit actually reads it!

#12 Mike_Hirschman

Mike_Hirschman

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:19 PM

I somewhat agree, Lou... but for those of us that have been doing this for a long time, it is easy to miss that change (and it seems to be a significant one)! 

#13 Adam T

Adam T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:44 PM

For those players that reside and go to school in boundary, why wouldn't I just tell the parents to bring in a report card or performance record? Isn't that sooooo much easier to communicate to parents and accomplish rather than the three residency documents?

#14 B_Hanlon

B_Hanlon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 623 posts
  • LocationPomfret Center, CT

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:17 PM

For those players that reside and go to school in boundary, why wouldn't I just tell the parents to bring in a report card or performance record? Isn't that sooooo much easier to communicate to parents and accomplish rather than the three residency documents?

You would not tell them to bring in a report cad because that is not acceptable as the proof of school enrollment so it would be rejected. You make a valid point and one that I never heard mentioned before. So I will rephrase your question and ask why a report card is not valid? Is it because it might not show enrollment before October 1st? That is the only hitch I see,

Another funny thing is that this is probably the easiest document in all of  Little League to forge. No report card needs to be attached, no school stamp....just a name. Could be the janitor for all I know. Then again, janitors do have a special place in Little League hierarchy!

#15 richives

richives

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • LocationOwego, NY

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:15 PM

You would not tell them to bring in a report cad because that is not acceptable as the proof of school enrollment so it would be rejected. You make a valid point and one that I never heard mentioned before. So I will rephrase your question and ask why a report card is not valid? Is it because it might not show enrollment before October 1st? That is the only hitch I see,

Another funny thing is that this is probably the easiest document in all of  Little League to forge. No report card needs to be attached, no school stamp....just a name. Could be the janitor for all I know. Then again, janitors do have a special place in Little League hierarchy!

Page 14. Third paragraph. Item 2.  Report card is acceptable.

#16 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:34 PM

I told my old league last year, no need for 3 parent/guardian proofs, just get 1 proof of school attendance.
The less paperwork the better (and easier)!
  • Jim likes this

#17 Dave Poe

Dave Poe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:12 AM

Page 14. Third paragraph. Item 2. Report card is acceptable.

But a report card, at least here in NJ, will not be dated before 10/1 because the 1st marking period ends much later. So in NJ, a report will not suffice.

#18 Dave Poe

Dave Poe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:13 AM

Also - some schools will refuse to sign the form unless it is submitted by the parent. It's a privacy thing.

#19 Mike_Hirschman

Mike_Hirschman

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:11 PM

Lou is right... and so is Dave.

It is much easier to get the school enrollment proof. However, schools won't be giving that to just anyone because of FERPA. DEPENDING ON THE INTERPRETATION OF FERPA that the school district's legal counsel is giving (and it sometimes changes by the HOUR with educational counsel), they might only give that to the parents.

FERPA does allow confirmation that the student is enrolled at that school. But that doesn't mean that elementary school folks are comfortable giving it out to anyone. 

#20 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:21 PM

"Also - some schools will refuse to sign the form unless it is submitted by the parent. It's a privacy thing."
Why wouldn't the parents be the ones getting the form signed anyway?

The parents are responsible for providing proof of residence as well as proof of age.

It's not the league's responsibility to send someone from school to school getting forms signed (at least it's not in my opinion).

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users