4 replies to this topic

#1 Adam T

Adam T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

We have a player from another league who was playing an all-star tournament game at our facility and he was injured. Went to urgent care with a small bone fracture and some other small injuries.

What is the proper insurance claim procedure?

Should I contact the DA? Region? Wiliamsport? with the initial injury report, while I have the parents fill out the Accident Notification Form? (form instructions) The instructions say "within 20 days" so I better get the ball rolling.

Just as a side question, should it be our league who fills out the form? Should it be the player's home league? I know volunteer tournament umpires are covered by their home league insurance while at another facility.

#2 Mike_Hirschman

Mike_Hirschman

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,325 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

Call your DA to begin with. The home league files the claim and copies you on all of it so that you keep on file for your records, as well. 

If you have any questions or concerns, get in touch with Jim Ferguson or Dan Kirby up on The Hill. Those are the top people in Risk Management. 

#3 Adam T

Adam T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:43 PM

Call your DA to begin with. The home league files the claim and copies you on all of it so that you keep on file for your records, as well. 

If you have any questions or concerns, get in touch with Jim Ferguson or Dan Kirby up on The Hill. Those are the top people in Risk Management. 

Thanks Mike.

#4 Guest_John S._*

Guest_John S._*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:49 PM

We had a parent drive our utility cart into a post.
No one was harmed.
But, does insurance cover the cost(s) to repair the cart?

#5 rsnyder6

rsnyder6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:59 PM

We had a parent drive our utility cart into a post.
No one was harmed.
But, does insurance cover the cost(s) to repair the cart?

Not LL insurance.
We have our own insurance for equipment.
Actually it is a little complected since we own some things, the town other, and we pay rental to the town, but we have to insure most things.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users