2 replies to this topic

#1 rsnyder6

rsnyder6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:36 PM

I was just talking with our league president, who was at the district presidents' meeting last night.

We have three charters, though we recently have been allowed to play combined for the regular season. In the Tournament, we can combine two of the charters for a team, and have a sperate team from the largest charter. (We can't combine all three.)

The DA told the president last night that we would have the choice to play "division" or "divisional" in the tournament, which was explained to me as meaning we enter two teams at any or all levels, but each team could pull from a common pool of all charters. (We could do this at one level, say 9-10-11, and not others, or any combination.)

The restriction is the teams as supposed to be of equal strength, and we could not only enter one team at a level that we choose to enter this way.

While I have heard this mentioned before, probably by the DA, I can't find anything about this, and really can't figure out what this is all about.

Does anyone know anything about this?  We are meeting on Monday, and this on the agenda, so I'd like to know a little more about it.

#2 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,192 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:45 AM

Did this come from your DA or the Region?
You guys do all sorts of things with your multiple charters so I wouldn't even venture a guess about this!
I'd either talk to the DA or the Region and determine exactly what is meant, no sense getting it wrong and getting into trouble.

#3 rsnyder6

rsnyder6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 09:45 PM

From the DA. 

We are going to discuss this tonight. 

I didn’t want to undercut him by going straight to the region, but it just seems very strange to me.

I guess I will find out more. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users