6 replies to this topic

#1 ofina

ofina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:23 PM

I'm pretty darn sure I know the answer to this, but we have had an injury on one of our coach pitch (AA) minor teams.  I (PA) am being asked about calling up an off-age kid from the top Tee Ball division to fill his spot.

Pretty sure the answer is no.  Though I'm having trouble finding my green book to back that up.

We can pool play, though, right?

#2 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,187 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:00 AM

Yes, you can Pool Play.I
Why would you need to Pool Play if the team only lost one player?

As for "calling up" an "off-aged" player from Tee-Ball, what is the age of the player being called up/has he played a year of Tee-Ball?
LL allows 6 year olds that have played a year of Tee-Ball to play in Coach Pitch or Machine Pitch Minors.

#3 ofina

ofina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:42 PM

I think there are other players this team has lost over the season too, but I'm still trying to get details on how many he has still.  Yes, I do know that might make my question moot.

The player is of-age to play AA and he played Tee Ball last Spring season and is in our Instructional division (upper Tee Ball sort of) this season.

He can't double roster though and I doubt I can move him outright to this team with only, like, 3 games left in the season.

But pool play would solve this problem, if I could get anyone to join the pool list that aren't already on this team.

#4 ofina

ofina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:21 AM

Okay, so it turns out that this season for this manager has been particularly bad for kids just not showing up at game time.  Parents not RSVPing, parents RSVPing yes and then not showing.  This morning's game he had 7 kids show up, 9 had RSVPed yes and there are 12 rostered on the team.  One parent emailed him less than a half hour before game time to say that her son wouldn't be there.  He has missed the past 4 games.  Then there is the one new injury to presumably one of the reliable kids.

Is that even a situation where we can use pool play.  For "expecting no shows"?

#5 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:16 PM

If I were a manager and knew there were only 9 kids saying they would be there I would ask for Pool Players (at least one, maybe two). Playing with just nine is risky. Someone gets ill or injured or ejected and you're down to eight. Always good to have a sub or two.

As the PA, I'd probably make a few calls to the parents of the kids that have been missing games to find out why.

#6 ofina

ofina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 05:21 PM

I will booster our pool list then.

Am I right that the Tee Ball player can't come up for the last three games?

The manager is going to talk to the parents who have been missing.

I don't know if this has been a problem all season.  I only found out earlier this week.

#7 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:55 PM

It's up to your BOD as to whether or not they allow a Tee-Ball player to be called up to Coach/Machine Pitch Minors with only three games left.
LL does not have a rule against it in minors.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users