3 replies to this topic

#1 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,160 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:38 AM

Where are all the stories about parents' complaints about how All Stars are rigged and that's why their kid didn't make the team!
Our DA said he only got three calls this year as compared to the normal 10-12 or more.

#2 rsnyder6

rsnyder6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 02:06 AM

Oh, we have a few. I think ours are skipping our DA and going elsewhere, mostly Bristol.

One said she contacted her county legislator. (Not sure where the county legislature falls in the LL hierarchy.)

Funniest "stacked team" I have this year is from the regular season. Two days after the draft, I had one parent complain about how one team in the draft was stacked. Within an hour or two, I had a parent on this "stacked" complain that the team of the first parent was stacked.

For what it is worth, these teams finished 4-5 in the standings.

#3 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,160 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:15 AM

If they call Bristol does Bristol call your DA or call your League to inform you of the complaint/issue?
Sure hope Bristol doesn't tell you what to do/tell you how to run your league.

Calling a County Legislator, that's a good one. B)

#4 rsnyder6

rsnyder6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:17 PM

> If they call Bristol does Bristol call your DA or call your League to inform you of the complaint/issue? 
> Sure hope Bristol doesn't tell you what to do/tell you how to run your league.

Have not heard anything from. Bristol, though perhaps the DA has. One 
parent did say the called Bristol, and they were hoping they would intervene. Never heard anything as far as I know. We did meet with the parents, as a courtesy, which is where they told us. 

I don't know if I want to know about contact or not. :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users