4 replies to this topic

#1 ofina

ofina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:11 PM

I have a divorced Dad who wants access to his kids' game schedules.  I can give it to him, but it occurred to me that what if the ex-wife has a restraining order or some other legitimate reason to not want him to know.  So, I could ask her permission.  But what if the divorce was not amicable and she would say no just to be spiteful.

#2 ofina

ofina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:27 PM

Well, we said no.

But I would be interested in what others here have to say.

Even though I have no knowledge of anything other than an unamicable divorce, my head is filled with scenarios of him coming after me.

#3 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,170 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:43 PM

Many leagues, including several in our area, Post their schedules on their Websites.

If a parent with a restraining order goes to a child's game then he/she is breaking the law and is subject to arrest.
If the other parent is present I would think a call to the police would be taking place.
  • rsnyder6 likes this

#4 Robin Barradio

Robin Barradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 11:45 PM

Nothing wrong with a Dad asking for his kids game schedule. There's no harm in giving the schedule, especially when you're hypothesizing about the dad's situation. As far as you or the league is concerned, if you haven't been informed of a restraining order, there isn't one.

It's a simple request, just give it to him. No need to over think it. Perhaps he was asking for grandparents or other family members. You don't know, and there was no reason to deny it.

If there is a restraining order or some other circumstance, then you have other methods to deal with it.

• rsnyder6 likes this

#5 amutz

amutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:10 AM

Our game schedules are public, although the rosters are not.
If a parent knows their kids team they can find the schedule.
Fortunately I've never seen an issue around this yet.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users