3 replies to this topic

#1 rsnyder6

rsnyder6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:50 AM

Little League rejected, (repeatedly) our requests for combined teams in the Tournament for all three charters. They have told us that they will allow two of the charters to form a combined team. (Still working on that, as the web site does not allow it since all three charters combined in the regular season.)

We are being told by coaches that they don't believe they will be able to produce a team in the single charter. (We were not able to enter a team in the 9-10-11 age group last year.) However, there are a couple of kids in this charter who want to play, and the other charters would take them. Otherwise, they would. not have a chance to play.

Is it even possible, to get a waiver that would allow this? We have gone to the DA, but since none of this definite, we don't want to go farther right now. But we are trying to get an idea if this is even possible.

TIA

#2 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,132 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:15 PM

I'd submit the Waiver Request, it can't hurt.
I'd describe the situation in detail and ask for approval so that these players do not get denied the opportunity to play in The Tournament.
Heck, I'd even include letters from the players' parents!

Good Luck
  • rsnyder6 likes this

#3 ofina

ofina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:26 PM

We're not at that stage yet, or at least, we are just starting collecting names now.

But last year we tried to combine with a neighbouring league and were denied.  Repeatedly.  Our DA went back to them many times and they didn't relent.  They cited population as the reason.

One of this season's webinars has in it a potential explanation for this baffling decision.  I don't recall what the explanation was, nor which webinar it was, but I intend to find it again.

#4 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,132 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:25 AM

A number of years ago at LL Congress (I forget which one) LL "did away with" the population requirement.
BUT, they keep denying things based on Population, go figure! B)

In my opinion (which accounts for exactly zero in LL), it should be based on the numbers of teams/players. If a league with 10 Major teams can field a team than a combination where the total number of teams is 10 or less should be able to combine and field a team. Seems like common sense to me but, then again, this is LL and common sense is not their strong suit. B)

Heck, I'd be happy if they dropped the number to combine to eight, I've seen combinations of three teams (one league with two and one with one) rejected due to Population. Pure lunacy.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users