#1 JM Lugo

JM Lugo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:59 PM

Wondering if your Districts have requirement that must be met before umpires are invited to umpire your District All-Star Games.
Particularly requiring an umpire to umpire a set amount of games during the Spring Season before umpiring All-Star games.

My District is inviting 2 umpires from my League, who have umpired All-Star games in past years, BUT have not umpired a single game during the regular season.

Just doesn't sit well with me, how can an umpire have time to umpire AS Games but not regular season games AND how can the DUIC and DA invite such individuals to the Post Season?

#2 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,192 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:11 PM

In our District we follow the Tournament Rules and Guidelines:
"Umpires
The Tournament Director shall have full responsibility for providing volunteer Little League umpires for tournament play. ..."
How can someone be a "volunteer Little League umpire" if he/she didn't umpire any LL games?

In our District the local leagues submit the names of their volunteer umpires they think are worthy.
Our DUIC and the DA then decide on the umpires to be used and make the Umpire Schedule.
During Districts they evaluate the umpires for potential recommendations for Sectionals, States, Regionals and World Series.

Have you voiced your concern to your DA? Have other umpires complained?

#3 JM Lugo

JM Lugo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:46 PM

Other League Umpires mentioned it to me.

I emailed the UIC.

UIC passed the buck to the DA.

I emailed the DA, haven't heard back

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users