2 replies to this topic

#1 rsnyder6

rsnyder6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:59 PM

DId leagues not add LA 4 year olds to their league when the change was made to allow them?

I like getting them into the league early, but when they pushed back the date, some are 3 and don't turn four until the summer. And some parents only want to play noon games on weekends, which of course not everyone can do.

But there are issues at every age. I'm really asking because I found out some local league don't offer anything for this age group, and we are getting more requests that they play in our league, (not a lot, but some).

#2 Plesh

Plesh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationNorthern New Jersey

Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:17 PM

We allowed it right off the bat, but there are many neighboring leagues that do not allow it.
We get similar requests every year or two from a LA 4 yr old who wants to play in our league because their town says LA 5 and up.
  • rsnyder6 likes this

#3 amutz

amutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:50 PM

Our league has a whiffle ball program for 3-4 year olds, since parents expressed interest.  Its only an hour a week for about six weeks, and its run by some of our 'graduated' high school baseball players.  Its a nice introduction to baseball and I think appreciated.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users