Photo

Many thanks to the members of this forum!

2 replies to this topic

#1 SeattleSooner

SeattleSooner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 05:12 PM

As most leagues head into their season ending playoffs and championships, I want to give a heartfelt "thanks" to all the members of this forum.  As a first year UIC, this board has been a life saver!

Quick story on how I became UIC.  I was the league president the last two seasons.  At the end of last season, my UIC informed me that he was "retiring" - he'd still umpire games (which he did this season) but wanted to move on.  Filling the UIC position is not easy - not many folks in my league know the rules well enough.  Working with my board officers, I identified a few candidates.  Unfortunately, none of them were interested.  Ultimately, I decided to turn over the president position and fill the UIC.  Strange as it may sound, it was easier to find someone willing to be president.

Heading into this season, I thought I knew the rulebook.  What I quickly discovered?  I knew NOTHING!  Or very little.

Anyway, I've posted my fair share this season and I appreciate the quick and accurate feedback.  Good luck to all and have a great playoff season! 

• Jeremy and Plesh like this

#2 rsnyder6

rsnyder6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:10 AM

Congratulations on year one. 

Oh, and we have a lot of season left. :)

#3 SeattleSooner

SeattleSooner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:20 PM

Yep.  Lots of baseball and softball left.  Playoffs, league championship games, tournament season, and summer ball.  In my league, the season comes to an end around mid-August.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users