4 replies to this topic

#1 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,895 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:14 AM

Little League has changed their Background Check Vendor to J.D. Palatine (JDP.com/LittleLeague).

If you have already done your checks using First Advantage you are good to go.
You can use the First Advantage free Background Checks until March 1.

#2 amutz

amutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:47 AM

We stopped using First Advantage because we needed to automate & integrate and enable our volunteers to provide their own data directly to the background check process.
We did not want to handle any more forms with confidential information.
Hopefully JDP will provide this too, and pre-integrate with the larger platforms for league management like SportsEngine and TeamSnap.

Right now we are paying to use NCSIsafe.
They are used by a substantial number of other sports organizations.
So far happy with the process.

#3 rsnyder6

rsnyder6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:05 PM

We stopped using First Advantage because we needed to automate & integrate and enable our volunteers to provide their own data directly to the background check process.
We did not want to handle any more forms with confidential information.
Hopefully JDP will provide this too, and pre-integrate with the larger platforms for league management like SportsEngine and TeamSnap.

JDP does have a feature where you enter the volunteer names and emails, and it emails them with the web forms to fill out.

I've not tried it yet as we created an account but then got locked out.

I certainly see advantages to this, but it would be much better if it integrated into the volunteer registration on our web site, (bluesombrero), so they don't have to fill out two applications.
The form they have to fill out on JDP is also many pages with many warning and acknowledgments.

I have to push some coaches to register at all, so I'm concerned about having multiple forms, particularly on cumbersome web sites.
  • amutz likes this

#4 amutz

amutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:21 PM

Our current process (with NCSISafe) allows player registration and volunteer application/background check in a single mostly-integrated web flow.
It's definitely reduced the former pain-level with background checks.

Sending the parent an additional email with a link to JDP is not that great; many parents will miss it.
We'll wait-and-see whether tighter integrations get shipped.
  • rsnyder6 likes this

#5 rsnyder6

rsnyder6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:31 AM

Our current process (with NCSISafe) allows player registration and volunteer application/background check in a single mostly-integrated web flow.
It's definitely reduced the former pain-level with background checks.

Sending the parent an additional email with a link to JDP is not that great; many parents will miss it.
We'll wait-and-see whether tighter integrations get shipped.

That sounds much better.
My concern also is that a number of volunteers will not fill in separate background checks.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users