Photo

Town dropped charter what about the kids?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Cab1978

Cab1978

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

If , we have a town dropping out of our little league charter. Can kids from that town play in towns that stayed in our charter? I assume they won’t be eligible for districts but that’s ok. It’s about kids staying in little league.

#2 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,084 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:24 PM

Were (are) there multiple towns under one Charter or does each town have it's own Charter (league)?

#3 Guest_Cab1978_*

Guest_Cab1978_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:10 PM

Each town has its own charter and we play between 8 towns

#4 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

Since the town no longer offers LL, players from that town could be Approved to play in adjacent towns that do offer LL.
They would need an Out-Of-Boundary Waiver approved by Williamsport.
I would explain on the Waiver Request that the players played LL last year but their league dropped their Charter.

Of course, any players from that town that go to school in a town that has LL can play in that town based on school attendance.

#5 Cab1978

Cab1978

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

Thanks for your input, said town is dropping out claiming LL is too expensive and time consuming. They had 3 teams last year! So now they are going to play with towns unaffiliated and have to drive a minimum of 30miles each way for games up to 45 miles. Crazy. They also charge more to play than any of our towns so I have no idea why so cash strapped, oh wait the town is paying the guy who runs it 10k when we all do it for free in our towns! Thanks again

#6 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:50 PM

The town has 3 teams and pays someone $10k to run the league.
Where do I sign up for that job !!!
  • rsnyder6 likes this

#7 Cab1978

Cab1978

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

Well 3 LL Teams, maybe 3 girls ponytail 2 boys coach pitch and I’m sure a t-ball team or two.
Still that’s a lot of dough for that.

#8 richives

richives

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationOwego, NY

Posted 28 January 2018 - 06:04 AM

Well 3 LL Teams, maybe 3 girls ponytail 2 boys coach pitch and I’m sure a t-ball team or two.
Still that’s a lot of dough for that.

Is that all he does or is he a municipal recreation director that also oversees soccer, football, etc.?

#9 Jeremy

Jeremy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:05 AM

I’m an AD for K-8 for five schools doing 7 sports with 16 different teams and my stipend isn’t anywhere near 10k, even if I also did high school I would be under 10k combined.

#10 Guest_Cab1978_*

Guest_Cab1978_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:17 PM

Sorry He also does soccer. Still.....

#11 richives

richives

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationOwego, NY

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:22 PM

I’m an AD for K-8 for five schools doing 7 sports with 16 different teams and my stipend isn’t anywhere near 10k, even if I also did high school I would be under 10k combined.

School system AD's where I live get a LOT more than $10K.

#12 Jeremy

Jeremy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:11 AM

Most ADs are also full time district employees who teach classes like PE or health. Last week all I did was supervise two basketball games on Monday and interviewed a coach Friday. The only way I will come back next year is if I’m also a district employee, working at least four hours a day plus the AD stipend.

You basically get what you pay for, I do the bare minimum but I do it well. I’m not going to go above and beyond with all kinds of new ideas for what I’m making.

This year we were two weeks away from the volleyball season starting and there was no volleyball coach hired and only the AD could hire the coach and there was no AD....My daughter did open gym three times a week over the summer for volleyball and there was no way her season was going to get scratched, if it was canceled I would be running for the school board and that’s the last thing anyone wants.

#13 richives

richives

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationOwego, NY

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:48 PM

Most ADs are also full time district employees who teach classes like PE or health. Last week all I did was supervise two basketball games on Monday and interviewed a coach Friday. The only way I will come back next year is if I’m also a district employee, working at least four hours a day plus the AD stipend.

You basically get what you pay for, I do the bare minimum but I do it well. I’m not going to go above and beyond with all kinds of new ideas for what I’m making.

This year we were two weeks away from the volleyball season starting and there was no volleyball coach hired and only the AD could hire the coach and there was no AD....My daughter did open gym three times a week over the summer for volleyball and there was no way her season was going to get scratched, if it was canceled I would be running for the school board and that’s the last thing anyone wants.

Glad I'm not in your school district.

Just as an FYI our volleyball team has won states three of the last 5 and finished 2nd the other two.

#14 Jeremy

Jeremy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:15 PM

My two older daughter both went to a real middle school for 6-8 but they got rid of that middle school and made all the 6th and 7th graders go to the four local k-5 elementary schools and made the 8th graders go to the high school.

I’m 2/3rds of the way done now and so far my biggest problem has been one of the basketball coaches I hired keeps getting technicals, I take it personal...I think I’ve improved our sports program from last year but I see so much room for improvement.
  • rsnyder6 likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users