No replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy

Jeremy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Administrators
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:36 PM

This was posted yesterday from the league in the town next to me. It's by far the most unorganized league in our District. I feel this should be looked into by an outside source such as LLI. Should I call WP and tell them my concerns?

"So, as some already know, we are having trouble retrieving last season's online registration money from the company (Jevin) that we have used the last couple of seasons...which is also why we have not started our online registrations yet, and WILL BE switching to a new company this year. We (as a league) have been forced to take legal action against the company. We have gotten some response from "Better Business Bureau", who recommended we have all (who paid online last season) File a claim against Jevin through their banks. The company owes our league over $7500 (which is causing issues for us, this season and causing us to start our season in the hole. Individuals filing claims, and our board sending a certified letter are our first steps to trying to get response from their company (who are just AVOIDING all of our calls and emails)
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! (For the sake of our children of our community and our league) file a claim through your bank. This is NOT right to have them just TAKE the kid's money.
We will be opening online signups soon, through ANOTHER COMPANY, so don't be worried that it is the same company."

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Administrators
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:43 PM

"I was told that the credit card companies(banks) can get money credited back to the people who were paying for Little league & since Little league never received funds & we're charged $2160 service fee it's fradulent. If the parents can get money refunded to them we would then be under the honor system of them paying forward to little league what they are owed for last year(so we can pay our $2800 "charter"/insurance to get league started for 2018"

#3 richives

richives

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationOwego, NY

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:42 PM

This was posted yesterday from the league in the town next to me. It's by far the most unorganized league in our District. I feel this should be looked into by an outside source such as LLI. Should I call WP and tell them my concerns?

"So, as some already know, we are having trouble retrieving last season's online registration money from the company (Jevin) that we have used the last couple of seasons...which is also why we have not started our online registrations yet, and WILL BE switching to a new company this year. We (as a league) have been forced to take legal action against the company. We have gotten some response from "Better Business Bureau", who recommended we have all (who paid online last season) File a claim against Jevin through their banks. The company owes our league over $7500 (which is causing issues for us, this season and causing us to start our season in the hole. Individuals filing claims, and our board sending a certified letter are our first steps to trying to get response from their company (who are just AVOIDING all of our calls and emails)
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! (For the sake of our children of our community and our league) file a claim through your bank. This is NOT right to have them just TAKE the kid's money.
We will be opening online signups soon, through ANOTHER COMPANY, so don't be worried that it is the same company."

Your state's Attorney General.

Your District Attorney.

Civil Suit (contingency fee or pro bono).

Press release.

And use the places LL has set up deals with, not Joe's House of Handy Dandy Services. 

#4 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:27 AM

I could be wrong but I think it's very doubtful LLI is going to get involved in a contract dispute between a local league and a local service company.

I agree with Rich, local Police, local District Attourney, etc ...

#5 RB56

RB56

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:52 PM

LLI and many other youth sports organizations are probably already familiar with the track record of this company -- Jevin Sports Management.  The company's business model is to collect and process registration fees, retain a percentage, then deposit the rest in a league's bank account within a set time period.  Based on numerous articles and complaints, Jevin apparently does a good job collecting and processing registration fees, but not such a good job remitting funds back to the leagues.

http://www.tampabay....g-money/2299711

Some of these leagues are out tens-of-thousands of dollars.

#6 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:18 PM

Northeast St Pete is out $31,000 and the President "isn't sure" if they will use Jevin this year or not - Say What?

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users