No replies to this topic

#1 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:49 PM

This season my local league has 9 new Board Members (9 of 15).

There are 5 new League Presidents in our District.

Seems like a lot of turnover this year.

We've already scheduled District Training Sessions for Presidents, Player Agents, Treasurers and Safety Officers.
We'll give others if the need arises.

#2 richives

richives

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationOwego, NY

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:28 AM

This season my local league has 9 new Board Members (9 of 15).

There are 5 new League Presidents in our District.

Seems like a lot of turnover this year.

We've already scheduled District Training Sessions for Presidents, Player Agents, Treasurers and Safety Officers.
We'll give others if the need arises.

Might be worth checking out why so much turnover also.

#3 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:51 PM

In my local league, 7 long time (20+ year) members decided not to run for the Board this year.
They had all been talking about it for a few years and finally decided this was the year to go.
Two of the 7 now have one of their children (now adults) on the Board.

Five new Presidents is a little high for the District.
I'd say we normally get 3 new Presidents each year.
On average, around here, Presidents seem to last about 4 years.

#4 rsnyder6

rsnyder6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:36 AM

I can see several long-term folks deciding together not to continue. That certainly would not be happening every year.

We have a 40 year board member, and a few in the close to or a bit over 15-20 or slightly more range. Some have grandkids now playing. They have been transitioning jobs/roles over to the newer folks over the past few years.

We have a few that move on every year as their kid stops playing LL. We try to cultivate a few at the Rookie level to replace them. (Sometimes PeeWee, but most folks seem to need a couple years of involvement, understandable.)

Our current president is in the third year. I expect he will be around for a little bit. The previous president was on the board for something like 30+ years and president for a lot of them, and died in office, (though we really took over most all of his jobs by the very end).

Several of the district presidents have been around as long as I can remember. (close to 15 years)  A couple leagues have changed in much shorter times. Not really a pattern.

Our last couple DAs have been female, and that goes back a ways, but the board remains almost all male. Usually no more than 3 women.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users