No replies to this topic

#1 rsnyder6

rsnyder6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:09 PM

I'm curious about league's refund policies.

I know individual cases vary. 1 kid injured before the season starts is different from a kid that plays 2/3 of the year and then quits, and they are pretty easy cases (both have happened).
But others are less clear-cut.

We went from "no refunds," to "limited refunds," because we were refunding.
We do take out credit card charges, a direct cost, unless it is a division we have had to cancel. (Softball a couple falls ago.)

We just had 4-5 younger players withdraw because the coach they wanted wasn't coaching this fall. Just as the season was starting. (I doubt the players care that much, it is usually the parents.)
We do have some per player costs involved, uniforms, etc.
We do generally offer a credit for future seasons, rather than a straight refund, and we like to keep good will, but I'm not sure how easy we want to make getting refunds.

Curiuos how other leagues handle it.

#2 coach andy

coach andy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:55 PM

I know personally of only a couple times that we have issued refunds in past say 4 years.
One was girl got injured (not related to participation) very early, we were able to remove her jersey from the uniform order, so we issued a refund.
Others were similar, my first year coaching, girl/parents changed her mind, too late to adjust uniform order, so we issued partial refund (basically registration fee less cost of jersey).
  • rsnyder6 likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users