4 replies to this topic

#1 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,997 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:33 AM

Channel surfing and stopped on a National Youth Baseball Championship 12U game.
Both pitchers were girls !!!

Mo'ne Davis deja-vue. B)
  • rsnyder6 likes this

#2 richives

richives

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • LocationOwego, NY

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:45 PM

All star game. My pitcher is a girl.

Two host site players at the fence;

Player1: "Hey. Their pitcher is a girl"

Player2: "Yeah, and she's better than you."

• amutz and rsnyder6 like this

#3 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,997 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:57 PM

Several years ago the best pitcher and hitter on our major All Stars was a girl.
We made it to States and wouldn't have without her.
We also had a girl outfielder on that team.

=====
I guess times have changed since the ultimate insult in the movie Sandlot: "You play ball like a girl!"
  • amutz likes this

#4 rsnyder6

rsnyder6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

I had a girl catcher for several years, including on the 12 All-Star team. Pitched some also.

Loved her knowledge and her running the game. Had some pop too.

My favorite story is from the Memorial Day special game we hold every year. Obnoxious kid of obnoxious father on the mound. Kid says something like, oh, it is just a girl, I better throw slow. She puts one over the fence. Later in the game, he is at bat, she is pitching. Father says something, she strikes the kid out. Father was quiet rest of game. (Later in the year I finally had him removed from the field for talking about players.)

Unfortunately she stopped playing in high school.
  • amutz likes this

#5 Jeremy

Jeremy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Administrators
  • 1,322 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:41 PM

I let my daughter give up soccer for volleyball when she hit 6th grade, and she almost got me to let her give up for one year only LL softball for LL baseball but I couldn't do it, now that it's over I kind of regret it. She probably would have made the 10-12 tournment team for baseball. She pitched all eight of her middle school games but I felt she needed to face more batters, right now she is set to be the number two pitcher for the HS team her freshman year and the starter her Jr year unless someone starts working harder than her.

If traveling basketball and school volleyball don't get in the way I might try to get her in some fallball baseball games....I want to do u14 soccer but I think my soccer days are numbered. Coaching u14 soccer is my favorite thing to coach, it's the sport I get the best workout and I can safely play with the boys and girls with only maybe one or two players better than me on any given team, I turn into a kid at soccer practice.

The HS baseball and softball coach are buddy buddy and if a girl tries out for baseball they'll get cut no matter the talent level. Softball is the better program at our local HS so they make sure the female talent isn't on the baseball field.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users