Mike_Hirschman

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:44 PM

That was my point, Lou.
And yes they do.
Another example of the lack of leadership that this state has on all levels.

#42 Dave Poe

Dave Poe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:01 AM

Again, 12 is 12.
"Official Games" are not played with 8 players.

They should have made up the missed games (to get to 12) or they should have asked for a Waiver.

But what if it's interleague and other coaches won't make up the games? I can tell you this happens quite often in our area.

#43 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,863 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:51 PM

If you can't play 12, for whatever reason, you ask for a Waiver, plain and simple.
You cannot just ignore the requirement of 12 games.
If you put less than 12 on the Affidavit it should no be approved by the DA.

====
We have an extensive Inter-League Program in our District.
Years ago no-shows were fairly common, not so any more.
If a team doesn't show for an Inter-League game and refuses to make it up, that team is not eligible to play in the District Top Team Tournament and the manager and coaches are not eligible to manage/coach All Stars.
This is part of the Inter-League Agreement signed by all of the League Presidents and it has been enforced.
We also require the visiting team manager call the home team manager two days prior to the game to make sure of the date/time/field. If the visiting team has not called, the home team manager calls the visiting team manager the day before the game to verify they are coming.

Might be why have very few, if any, no-shows!
I know we have very few because I am the District Inter-League Coordinator and all no-shows get reported to me.

#44 Mike_Hirschman

Mike_Hirschman

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

That's probably a lot easier for you to do, Lou, because you have a longer season. I refused to make up a game this year because the guy wanted me to play it in mid-June. He cancelled the game in late May and I told him I already had four games in the final 10 days and wasn't sure where I would put it. He wanted to play the week after the season was supposed to end and I refused on account I didn't want it to impact our tournament team practices. 

He didn't like that answer but that was tough cookies. We had played our 12. 

#45 Lou Barbieri

Lou Barbieri

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,863 posts
  • LocationThe Villages, Florida

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:11 PM

Mike, yours wouldn't be considered a no-show, the game was canceled by the other manager - not you fault.

Obviously a no-show is when one team doesn't show up or shows up and doesn't have enough players to play the game.
Worst situation is when the visiting team drives an hour or more and the home team doesn't show!

That's why we have the managers call each other ahead of time.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users